Embedded Software Engineer
Radiant has big plans for small power. Commercial nuclear is typically viewed as the big baseline power answer to clean, sustainable energy, but what about remote locations without access to reliable energy or places affected by natural disaster? We aim to provide a dependable, rapidly deployable zero-emission option for electricity and heat generation in isolated microgrids as a critical part of the energy portfolio of the future alongside renewables.
- We believe the straightforward approach should involve forging new paths. Our engineers focus on utilizing practical methodologies and experience to stand out in the race towards the first commercial microreactor. Modern, high fidelity engineering tools developed to simulate next generation nuclear systems are key to informing the real time models which drive our control system software. Radiant owns the designs from end to end, and our in-house tools coupled with industry developed resources provides a fast and flexible way to create and connect physics with hardware.
- We believe collaboration is key and experience speaks volumes. Our engineers work in an environment where their diverse skillsets collectively contribute towards design decisions and their efforts have tangible impacts. The team is small and agile: making rapid progress addressing the unique challenges microreactor technologies present through fast iteration cycles and focusing on building a clean story. By consulting with experts in nuclear research and regulatory agencies, Radiant is fostering industry engagement in utilizing cutting edge tools in a responsible and transparent way.
- We believe in a culture of mentorship. Team members are expected own, teach, and learn about their portions of the effort while growing in a multidisciplinary way and are encouraged to drive their work towards first criticality. With open lines of feedback and attention to the human element of an exciting project, Radiant wants to build a healthy, focused, and successful team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop safety critical real-time systems on both RTOS and bare-metal platforms.
- Be responsible for the entire product life cycle of the system, from conception to end-of-life maintenance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Radiant office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Must be able to gain authorization to perform work on export-controlled items in the United States.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Hold at least Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent degree from accredited institution.
- Communicate effectively within a collaborative and interdisciplinary group.
- Hands-on experience owning or building projects.
- Development experience in C/C++ for real-time embedded systems.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Comfortable with math, physics, engineering, and hardware development.
- Hardware debugging experience.
- Familiarity with electronics laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, bench power supplies, signal generators.
- Safety critical / fault tolerant system design experience.
- Understanding of control systems and timing analysis.
- Familiarity with common embedded communication protocols, such as the following:
- RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485
- CAN / CANOpen
Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.