Electrical Systems Lead
Summary Radiant is making nuclear power portable. We are developing a dependable, rapidly deployable zero-emission option for electricity and heat generation for isolated microgrids and resilient backup power for critical infrastructure. Radiant offers the challenge of a lifetime, to work with our world-class engineering team to develop and operate an advanced reactor design at full power in only 5 years. Portable reactors will usher in the transformation of the nuclear industry, creating the first zero emissions and fully portable generators for earth and eventually, beyond.
Radiant’s team executes rigorous engineering and integrates private aerospace industry and nuclear industry experience. We engage in open information exchange with nuclear research and regulatory agencies, developing cutting edge analysis and development tools in an effective and transparent way. Radiant’s micro HTGR design is built upon accident tolerant fuels and a demonstrated safe coolant type. Radiant has a functioning Reactor Digital Twin that is directly linked to real hardware in our Hardware in the Loop(HIL) system.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Design Schematics, Wire Harness Diagrams, Test Plans
- Analyze System level failure modes and provide expertise to engineers in other functional areas.
- Work with vendors, develop electrical component specifications
- Report directly to the CEO, develop electrical system integration strategy, grow the team as the company scales in size
- Learn from other team members, collect all the knowledge related to electrical systems from peers with various backgrounds, Provide expertise to engineers in other functional areas.
- Must be willing to relocate to Radiant office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Communicate effectively within a collaborative and interdisciplinary group
- Familiarity with electrical components and subsystems including computers, data acquisition equipment, sensors, connectors, wiring, and common failure modes an design pitfalls
- Adequate programming language experience in Python, C++, or C#
- Automation, Test Design experience
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical systems design
- Hands-on experience owning or building electrical systems, ideally production hardware from preconceptual to end-of-life
- Hold a degree in electrical engineering, or related degree from accredited institution
Desired Qualifications & Skills
Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all salaried employees
Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.